Frequently Asked Questions
Does your rental included tables and chairs?
Yes! To provide the best value, we have opted to include tables and chairs for up to 200 guests with every venue rental:
· Ceremony Chairs: 200 white padded folding chairs
· Reception Chairs: 200 farm style cross-back chairs
· Reception Tables: 25 round banquet tables, seating 200 guests at 8 guests per table, or 150 guests at 6 guests per table (linens not included)
· Sweetheart Table: One rustic farm style table for two
· Head Tables: Two rustic farm style banquet tables
· Cake and Guest Book Tables: Two petite round banquet tables for cake, guest book, etc (linens not included)
· Buffet Tables: Four rectangular banquet tables (linens not included)
· Use of our outdoor patio furniture seating up to 50 guests
Additional tables and chairs are available to rent through our Preferred Vendors.
Am I required to hire a wedding coordinator?
Hayfield requires all clients to hire either a wedding (or event) planner or day-of coordinator, from our Preferred Vendor List. This is required to assure adequate planning and on-site coordination of your event.
What is the difference between the two?
Full service wedding planners help you with a larger scope of services for planning your event, from budgeting to design choices and every detail of your special day from the start of planning until the day itself (and therefore require a larger investment, but could save you money with expert input and recommending the right vendors for your needs and budget).
Day-of coordinators allow you the freedom and flexibility to make your own plans before they take the wheel, so to speak, typically around a month prior to your event date to ensure your plans run smoothly (and can be a more budget-friendly option if you are comfortable managing most of the planning process). Day-of coordination is also sometimes called “month-of coordination” or “event management.”
Am I required to use your event vendors, or can I choose my own?
Your wedding planner/day-of coordinator, caterer, and rental company must be selected from our Preferred Vendor List. Other vendors may be chosen as you wish (florist, photographer, band, etc), although we gladly provide recommendations to guide you!
How do I book an event date or put one on hold?
Once you have chosen Hayfield as the venue for your special day (hooray!), we will send you a venue rental contract for review. We will gladly hold your desired event date for up to seven days while you review the contract and answer any questions you may have.
In order to book your event date, we require a 50% non-refundable deposit and the signed contract to be returned within seven days. We typically reserve event dates up to 18 months in advance.
Do you have heating and air conditioning in your venue?
Yes, our Main Hall (first floor) and the Hay Loft (second floor) have both heating and cooling for year-round climate control assistance. Sliding barn doors connect our Main Hall to two covered, open-air verandas on each side. The sliding doors can be open to allow full air-flow throughout the building in the temperate months, or partially closed to help maintain a heated or cooled interior in warmer or cooler weather.
Do you host events other than weddings?
Absolutely! Our venue is well suited to a variety of event types besides weddings. Talk to us about hosting your:
· Corporate events such as mini-retreats (custom packages coming in 2021)
· Annual meetings
· Employee training, awards ceremonies, banquets, or seminars
· Company holiday parties
· Product launches, customer appreciation events, company picnics, marketing events, and more
· Non-profit events such as fundraising dinners, auctions, or galas
· Family occasions such as reunions, milestone birthdays, anniversaries, vow renewals, bar and bat mitzvahs, and more
· Specialty events such as such as pop-up shops, farmer’s markets, food truck festivals, beer and wine events, and more
Please contact us with your event details and we will explore the possibilities that a Hayfield event can offer!
We are planning an outdoor ceremony, is there a backup plan for rain or harsh weather?
Hayfield has multiple weather back-up options. Depending on your guest count, we will make a weather back-up plan for outdoor ceremonies at the time of booking so you have nothing to worry about and plenty of time to prepare!
How much time is allowed for setup and cleanup?
Venue access begins at 9am on your event day. All cleanup must be completed within one hour of your event end time (as late as 11pm). All guests and vendors must be off of the property by midnight.